Saturday, March 23, 2013

Inspiration Saturday

Here's another interview from someone who is living a healthy lifestyle. Meet, Sandra Kerr, my Zumba instructor. She is fabulous! Come join our classes at Fusion Fitness Center!!


She's from Scotland originally but now resides in Panama City and her energy and spirit are infectious!

Here's what she has to say...

Did you ever struggle with your weight?
I have often struggled with my weight. Even when I was younger I always had issues. I constantly went up and down with my weight.

If so, how did you over come it?
In a way its not something I have completely gotten rid of. In the past few years I have learned to control it better. Also I've learned that putting in that extra effort really makes a huge difference. I have tried everything to control my weight from extreme diets, to weight loss pills. Nothing really worked for me till I began Zumba. Zumba has given me the boost to lose the weight I wanted and keep the weight off and enjoy myself. It has quickly become one of the best things I have done for my health. I have never felt better than I do now.

What's the biggest lifestyle change you've made for your health?
The biggest would have to be Zumba. It helped me lose weight and keep fit. And the best bit is I don't feel like its an effort to go. I love it and it makes me happy.

What are some of your favorite healthy snacks/meals?
I really love and enjoy a bit of fresh fruit with plane yogurt. Its nice and light but gives you a nice bit of energy.

How do Americans differ in eating/exercise habits from Scotland?
Exercise between the two countries are similar. You have those who love to work out and stay fit and those who don't care.
But eating habits there are a few differences that stick out to me mainly potion sizes. In America all the portion sizes, whether from fast food or the dinner table, all are way too large. In comparison Scotland and the Uk in general have smaller portions which I believe help the country as a whole have a lower obesity rate. For example a Medium Coke at McDonalds in America is the size of a Large. So those small cut backs in the long run help a lot. Also Scotland is stricter on health and safety. The chemicals and food sources are more closely regulated which helps with controlling what you put in your body.

What advice would you give me and others looking to lose weight?
The main thing I would say is exercise and eat healthy. But more importantly find exercise you enjoy. For me its Zumba. And when it comes to food find healthier alternatives. And sometimes give yourself a little treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment