Monday, March 25, 2013

Changes.....


Day 1


Day 42






Today's challenge is to blog about physical and emotional changes I've experienced during the contest. Remember to check out the Genghis Grill website for the latest leaderboard and to build your own healthy bowl!!

As you can see in the above pictures, I've obviously made some physical changes. I still have a ways to go but I'm fitting into some of my old clothes, I got my engagement ring back on this week (it hasn't fit for a while), I have muscles. The other day I reached my right hand up to my upper left arm and thought, "Where did the rest of my arm go?". I feel strong. I feel energized. I feel physically capable of keeping up with my life. I used to be so tired every afternoon that I had to take a nap. Now, I only occasionally take one and they are much shorter. When I'm doing Zumba, sometimes I catch a glance of myself in the mirror and I almost don't believe it's me. It's been a long time since I've been this size.  More importantly, I feel healthy. I was always so aware of how overweight I was and how bad I felt. But now, I am so aware of how strong I am and how much I've accomplished. I no longer need a $10,000 motivation, it feels so good, I want to keep going. I look forward to working out- crazy right?!?!

Emotionally I still battle daily with food. I am so aware now of all the times throughout the day where I am tempted to use food as a comfort. Through the contest, I am starting to learn to change and not eat when I'm bored, excited, mad, sad, etc. I'm not perfect but I am much better.

I still feel scared that I won't make it to my goal. I worry I won't be able to maintain it. But I am hopeful. It's working so far and I really, really want to get there and stay there. It's been hard, really hard. I'm not going to lie. Having this be a contest does make it easier but there's no magic pill (that I am interested in anyways). I have to get my fanny in the gym. I have to say no to the buy one get one free Milano cookies. I have to keep right on driving past Los Rancheros. A treat now and then is ok but the majority of my decisions need to be healthy ones. No excuses, just do what needs to be done. And that is hard but I can do it and so can you. You will feel so good, I promise you!!

So, I'm getting close to pre-pregnancy weight (yeah, I know, she's 4 1/2 but I gained the same amount during the adoption as I did during pregnancy). And soon after that I'll be at wedding day weight. And so on until I reach my goal. Thankfully, my closet has clothes waiting for me. Hopefully some of them are still in style!

Join me?????


2 comments:

  1. There's a saying that the journey is more important than the destination. In a way that is true with weight loss. A journey done by magic pills may get you to the goal, but it won't keep you there. The journey you are taking - making healthy decisions, going to the gym, Zumba-ing... this journey will keep your goal in sight and once you get there (and you WILL) you will better be able to stay there. Or at least return there quickly should you happen to go wander down a side path for a few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also trying to get down to my pre-pregnancy weight. and Karina is six! I know that is where I feel and look best. so right with you sweet friend and praying and hopeful that we can both meet or goals and trust the Lord to help us keep ourselves there. knowing that we are honoring Him as we do it for it's all about Him anyway. :-)

    ReplyDelete